Your basket

No. of Items:0


Excellent service and very fast delivery, quality product to ...”

Mr Prince, Cheshire

a very good stove, I will be ordering the flue from fireglow ...”

john gregory

So impressed! Ordered on Saturday morning. Email confirmatio ...”

Catherine Jackson

Frequently Asked Questions

What size stove do I need?

All our stoves have good vent control so will have a broad range of operation whereby the stove will still be efficient and cleanburning,
Here is a general formula for calculating minimum output required:
Allow at least 1kW per 14 cubic metres -
eg. your room is 4m wide, 5m long by 2.4m high = 4x5x2.4 = 48cubic metres - divide by 14 = approx 3.5kW minimum - if you have only single glazing and your house insulation level is not great, you will need to add on a bit more.
All our stove's outputs quoted are maximum nominal ratings - this means the realistic maximum you could achieve heat into the room, taking into account the efficiency of the stove, but of course all stoves will operate much lower than their maximums by turning down the vents.

What can I burn on my stove?

All Fireglow Stoves unless otherwise stated, will be multifuel - this means they will not only burn wood, but various coal type products as well.
Wood is best when dry and seasoned and if possible, hardwoods are preferred over softwoods.
Manufactured smokeless coal and anthracite can all be used.
Any coal designed for use just on open fires (Petro Coke) should be avoided.

Why are your prices so low?

We have no middle man wholesalers/ salesmen to pay commission to so no one in the middle taking a cut of profits.
Although we welcome you to visit our warehouse-showroom where you can take your stove home with you if you like, we are mainly a trade supplier and internet based retailer - we spend no money on a pretty showroom or glossy brochures - what you see is what you get and our products speak for themselves.
We make our money by selling a large amount of stoves with a little profit on each.
The high street stove shops are not set up like this so cannot compete with us on price.

Is everything in stock?

We try to keep high stock levels of each of our stoves and accessories, however at very busy times we will sometimes run out of certain models - if an item is listed as out of stock on the website, it is always worth giving us a call - it will often only be a matter of days before more arrive.

How quickly can I get my stove?

Normally well under 5 working days - We endeavour to dispatch all orders within 24 hours and we ship out every week day Monday to Friday.
Stove deliveries will arrive via a pallet courier on a 1-3 working day service (UK mainland) in which the courier will phone you direct to book a convenient delivery day with you.
If you are in a particular hurry, we can arrange a next day service for a small additional surcharge - please contact us.

Do I need to line my chimney?

Most houses built after 1964 should have a concrete/ clay inner liner inwhich case you probably dont need to reline unless there is a problem with your existing system.
Older houses will normally just be exposed brick inside - it is not a legal requirement to line these older chimneys unless they are leaking, but there are often advantages to lining such as increased draw, piece of mind of having a sealed system top to bottom, reduced risk of chimney fire etc.

What is flue liner?

Flue liner is the most common and easiest way to reline existing chimneys - it is a stainless steel flexible tube which will go from the top of your stove pipe to the top of the chimney ensuring a sealed system right the way to the top of the chimney and one of uniform diameter inside - (although most stoves have a 5" outlet, UK building regs require a minimum 6" flue liner for burning wood) - our flue liner kits can provide the adaptor to go from 5" rigid pipe to 6" flexible liner.

What else will I need to fit my stove?

If you are not relining your chimney, you will probably need a length of flue pipe ie. 900mm, a small tub of fire cement to seal the joint, and a register plate kit to blank off the chimney around the pipe.
If your house is post 1964 your chimney will probably have a concrete/ clay liner system further up the chimney in which case you will just need a length of flue pipe to get up to that point, then a 'clay liner adaptor' to join the two, plus a tub of fire cement to seal the joints.
If you are using the rear outlet on the stove, you will probably need a tee-piece with cap or a 90degree bend as well.

What is a register plate?

A register plate is a steel board with a hole cut in it for the flue pipe to go through - it will then blank off the chimney opening around the pipe.
It can be fitted horizontally just above the chimney breast opening, or vertically to close off the opening to the chimney breast when the stove is to be placed freestanding in front of the chimney using the rear flue outlet on the stove.
It has several functions:
-It will help reduce heat loss into the chimney space by bouncing the heat back into the room.
-It will catch any soot and falling debris.
-It will stop draughts coming down the chimney and into the room.
-Most importantly it increases the draw by ensuring the chimney can only pull air through the stove itself and not just draw air from the room without first going through the stove.
The kits we sell are available for 5" flue pipe and also 6". They come with the angle brackets required to form a frame to support the plate.
All the parts can easily be trimmed to size with a hacksaw or disc cutter/ angle grinder.

I don't have a chimney at all - can I still have a stove?

Yes you can - we can design a kit which will enable you to quickly construct a flue system from scratch which will provide a safe, legal system which conforms to Building
Regulations and can usually be put up in less than a day. The kit will probably cost more than the stove itself but will be far more effective in time and cost than building a new brick chimney.
The components will all just fit together a bit like Lego or Meccano.
Please contact us so we can design your system.

How do I find an installer in my area?

If you need someone to install the stove for you, we have details of HETAS registered fitters all over the UK:

Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cornwall, Cumberland, Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Durham, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Herefordshire, Hertfordshire, Huntingdonshire, Kent, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Middlesex, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Northumberland, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Somerset, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Warwickshire, Westmorland, Wiltshire, Worcestershire, Yorkshire, Anglesey/Sir Fon, Brecknockshire/Sir Frycheiniog, Caernarfonshire/Sir Gaernarfon, Carmarthenshire/Sir Gaerfyrddin, Cardiganshire/Ceredigion, Denbighshire/Sir Ddinbych, Flintshire/Sir Fflint, Glamorgan/Morgannwg, Merioneth/Meirionnydd, Monmouthshire/Sir Fynwy, Montgomeryshire/Sir Drefaldwyn, Pembrokeshire/Sir Benfro, Radnorshire/Sir Faesyfed, Aberdeenshire, Angus/Forfarshire, Argyllshire, Ayrshire, Banffshire, Berwickshire, Buteshire, Cromartyshire, Caithness, Clackmannanshire, Dumfriesshire, Dunbartonshire/Dumbartonshire, East Lothian/Haddingtonshire, Fife, Inverness-shire, Kincardineshire, Kinross-shire, Kirkcudbrightshire, Lanarkshire, Midlothian/Edinburghshire, Morayshire, Nairnshire, Orkney, Peeblesshire, Perthshire, Renfrewshire, Ross-shire, Roxburghshire, Selkirkshire, Stirlingshire, Sutherland, West Lothian/Linlithgowshire, Wigtownshire

Just let us know you need an installer when you order and we will put you in touch with installers in your area.
Any work they quote for will need to be paid direct to them.

Do I need an air vent?

Normally for most houses in the UK no extra ventilation is required when installing a stove rated at 5kW or less. For stoves above 5 kW a
permanent air vent connected to the outside is required in the same room as the appliance. The size of the vent would normally need to be a
minimum of 550mm˛ per kW above 5 kW. e.g. a stove rated at 7kW would need 550mm˛ x 2 = 1100mm˛. That would be a square opening
approx 33mm x 33mm.
The purpose of providing extra ventilation for larger stoves is simply to ensure there is enough oxygen being supplied into the room to allow
proper combustion in the stove.
Houses built since 2008 will generally require a vent for all sizes of stove as modern houses are very air-tight.

Where are the stoves made?

We build them here in Dorset. We use some components produced by various independent specialists, such as
castings made by world class foundries which make other high quality stove brands, glass and some hardware
from Germany, raw materials are mainly sourced from Australia, paint finishes from the USA and England, so
quite an international effort for the parts, the final stove being produced here, as is the design, development
and testing.